Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Hint of Things To Come... (by Seema)

I am experimenting with an everyday household item; portable lunch/food containers. The containers we pack leftovers in. Saving parts of meals worth saving for another time. Taking parts of home and comfort to be enjoyed in other places. I like the idea of using common objects to create new shapes and structures.

I was happy to come across artist RĂ©gis Mayot from the Museum of Contemporary Craft website titled "Manufractured". I like Mayot's transformation of plastic containers into delicately sculpted skeletal incarnations of their former selves.

Another piece I like by Mayot. I also intend to incorporate the use of light into the installation that I will create with the portable lunch containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment